Sharing my FIRE dashboard, after seeing lots of interest in reddit sub. I hope the instructions are explanatory enough to get you started. If any issues just put in a comment section and I will do my best to reply it asap. If you find any defect or if you like to see new feature in the spreadsheet please let me know so I can fix them in later version.
|Version||Release Date||Download Link||What’s new|
|1.0||6/7/2019||Download||First release. (Tracking starts at 2017)|
|1.0.1||7/7/2019||Download||Same as v1.0 just tracking starts at 2019|
Sheet : CF (Cashflow)
- Set up Income categories by updating cells A3:A22
- Set up Expense categories by updating cells A24:A128 (except the main categories highlighted in dark background like Groceries, Entertainment etc.)
- If paying Principal and Interest on mortgage, specify the total amount in cell B133:AM133. Interest portion for the mortgage will be tracked in row 24 (Category: Banking & Finance – Loan Repayments , the name of the category could be changed as required)
Sheet : MAE (Monthly Average Expenses, Budget)
- Set up Expense categories that you would like to track in the “Monthly Average Expense (Current year)” & “Monthly Expense Budget vs Actual” chart. (Tip : you may want to skip categories that has average transactions <$50 for better chart readability.)
- Set up Monthly Budget for all categories under column G
Sheet : BS (Balance Sheet)
- Update Saving/Investment/Asset & Liabilities categories as required in column A.
Sheet : MNW (Monthly Net Worth)
- Update the investment categories that you would like to track in “Networth” chart in Row2 (B2:K2) . The name of the categories need to match exactly as in BS (Balance Sheet) sheet.
- (Note : Row1 calculates the Row number (in BS sheet) for corresponding investment categories. So if you are adding new category, copy the row formula in Row1.
Sheet : MCF (Monthly Cash Flow Summary)
- No modification needed in this sheet.
Sheet : CF-IP & CF-PPOR (Config IP & PPOR)
- Configure Property Value/Loan Balance/Loan Remaining Year/Rates etc. details as appropriate.
- Update monthly transactions in the relevant sheet Txn-<Year>.
- The income/expense category in the Txn sheet need to match the one specified in CF(Cashflow) sheet.
- The amount figure should be positive even for expenses.
- Any transactions whose category is not listed in CF(Cashflow) sheet will be ignored and not used for calculation.
- Tip : I use pocketbook to collate all transactions from various financial institutions. Once every month I just export the transactions from pocketbook and copy the relevant columns (A to D) to the Txn sheet.
2. Update balances for various Investments & Saving accounts in BS (Balance Sheet)sheet.
Note : Do not update any cells highlighted grey as those will be formulas. Just update the cell with white background.